Best Way to Slice an Avocado
You’re likely thinking, “How to Slice an Avocado? Really Tom, really?” Trust me, I was reluctant to post this seemingly ridiculous tutorial, but I’ve had enough folks take note of my avocado slicing technique that I realized a public service announcement was in order.
The Best Way to Slice an Avocado (at least in my kitchen)
1. Select a ripe avocado, one that gives to pressure at the stem end of the fruit.
2. Cut lengthwise, rotating knife around large seed.
3. Gently twist each half in opposite directions to release the seed from one side.
4. Open up and behold the creamy green goodness.
5. Run the edge of a teaspoon lengthwise from top to bottom of the avocado half.
6. The action will remove the slice in one fell swoop.
7. Remove the peel-free slice with spoon.
8. Repeat until an empty shell remains.
9. Use the empty shell as a lid for the other half to keep the flesh from browning. Refrigerate.
A spoon works better than a knife as the curved bowl of the spoon acts like a plow share and separates both the edge and the bottom of the avocado slice, completely removing it from the fruit, seed and peel.
Stay tuned for my next tutorials: how to make ice cubes and how to mail a letter. 😉